Hi Brad,
Thanks so much for all the extra effort you went through to send me the video blow by blow. Very useful. It unfortunately did not answer the problem that I have been facing. The custom location based on the park does not populate a city/county, nor does it give the option to put that in. Maybe I missed something?? So, when I import the adi file the default city in my qrz is used to populate the city field. The final QRZ log shows the correct grid but doesn’t show the correct city or county and the log is skewed. Hard to be used for accurate confirmations.
As I use QRZ while running around the country NV, MT, or RV, I often change the city, grid, state for the present location. I guess I could still do this before importing the adi file, but it sure would be handy to have the ability to populate the city/local in the custom location when I select a park in WRL.
Most recently I did a 300+ mile whirl wind tour through some of remote Nevada activating 6 unactivated parks. If I have to set a location in QRZ for each location before importing, it would almost be easier just to use QRZ to log…??
I am really enjoying the WRL product and want it to eventually, be my main logger.
Thanks, 73
Tony
PS: I had to delete all the links from your email as it embedded in my reply and your email auto nazi rejected this reply. Hopefully it will come through.
We’re sorry, but your email message to [“incoming+2d4b243f7c44e630e3d86265ec3243fe@worldradioleague.discoursemail.com”] (titled Re: World Radio League: Importing adi file into QRZ… my qrz default location seems to take over the contact data) didn’t work.
Reason:
Sorry, new users can only put 2 links in a post.
If you can correct the problem, please try again.
Someone mentioned you in a post.
| K4AZE WRL Product Engineer
October 1 |
@N7ZS Hey Tony Good Morning,
So to set your location in WRL you just goto your profile, then to ‘my operating locations’ and set a saved location. Then you can assign on of those locations as your ‘default saved locations’, You can also set this inside your logbook via logbook settings (the gear icon). When you are doing a POTA and you create your logbook and set the park number we are setting the location of that logbook to the location of the park, because thats where you are operating from.
Here is a screen recording explaining all of this and how to properly do this:
I hope this helps!
Thanks & 73
Brad K4AZE