Cat Control with virtual com port

I am using a Ic-7610 with a network connection and a virtual com port. I don’t see the virtual com port available in the WRL cat control app. Is this an option or could it be at some point?

4 Likes

@KY4DMD Hey Lucas,

We will eventually be adding support for virtual ports. It will work with VPSE (virtual port software) i know because I’ve used it in the past. However keep in mind that the current cat control app will most likely be going away once release the desktop app as the desktop app will have cat control built in natively.

Thanks & 73
Brad K4AZE

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! That sounds great. Looking forward to checking out the desktop app.

3 Likes

@KY4DMD as Brad mentioned, this works with VPSE - if you need support for another virtual COM software, just let us know specifically so we can take a look