This weekend, I logged as my home club during a POTA event. I made sure that the station call sign was that of my club, W2LCA, and that the operator was me, WX2CIB, before I started logging. I exported the file and submitted it to our club call sign trustee, who uploaded the logs.
Upon checking the POTA site for stats, I saw W2LCA and not myself. The operator call was dropped from the logs; therefore, I did not get credit.
I also used another club call sign, K2FTS. The logs went through; however, the numbers don’t match. That would mean I was dropped as op on a few logs.
@WX2CIB I got your ticket you submitted and sent you a reply. This is because your club trustee was not logged into your pota account to upload the log to for you to get credit. I’ve sent you the ADIF to upload into your account
That hasn’t been our experience, we upload one log to the club’s account, and each operator also gets credit for their contacts and activation, automatically.
The documentation above says, “Do not upload a copy of the log to your individual (or any other) POTA account.”
@W2PE@WX2CIB yes i replied to your ticket, you are correct. The adif is not exporting the operator column as it should. I’ve talked to the team and we will push a fix
@W2PE If the log was already uploaded to pota for the club there would be no need, you just simply need to use the ‘export pota logbook for another operator’ in the logbook settings and enter the personal callsign and export that logbook then upload it to the pota site for this specific activation. then once we push a fix it will do it automatically on the pota side when you upload the log
@WX2CIB@W2PE Ok so after digging into this we figured out what the issue was. Its actually exporting this as expected. The reason this happened though was because you logged the qso’s without the operator added first, then you added the operator after the qso’s were already logged so each of the QSO’s didn’t have that data in the qso records. The station callsign and operator need to be set prior to logging the the qso’s because adding it after the qso’s have been logged will not auto update all the previously logged qso’s.
This can still be done but you need to bulk update the qso’s in the logbook using the qso manager. We’ve fixed the data for that logbook now though.
Perhaps consider presenting the station and operator fields when a logbook gets created. Otherwise, “Logbook Settings” might only get viewed at the time of export, and the operator could assume this can get set at the completion of the activity.